Friday, September 16, 2011

Try it urself - Improve Bass using winamp EQ

This technique is not exclusive to winamp , but please let me know if you like the idea.Its not revolutionary or anything ,but its just one way.Let me know if you have any other ideas as well.

My favourite part of the music frequencies spectrum is the bass.But  then , that itself raises a lot of questions when we are trying to define WHAT kind of BASS. Well, i dint know really ! So i did this.

1. Took a very bass heavy song ( bass guitar rather , for me . It could be anything for you). So that was "With or  Without You" by U2.
2. Started playing it on my favourite headphones, that i use all the time.
3. Realized that the bass was too boomy for my taste , and started tuning it
4.In the end i ended up with an EQ that was more heavy in the 250Hz range ( I was expecting a lower range initially)
5.Played some of the other songs , and voila , they were all good mind you !

Try it and plz post a feedback ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment